Displaying 1 - 10 of 1172.
Dr. Ibrāhīm Najm, a senior advisor to Egypt’s Grand Muftī, has reviewed the efforts of the Dār al-Iftāʾ in combating extremism, during a meeting with a delegation from the European Parliament, led by Tomáš Zdechovský. He cited the various initiatives enacted by the Dār al-Iftāʾ to confront...
The Reverend Dr. Andrea Zakī, Head of the Evangelical Community, confirmed that there was 95% agreement among the three Churches in Egypt on the articles of the Personal Status Law for Christians. The remaining 5% represented different approaches when it came to specific matters such as divorce....
The Grand Mufti of Egypt discusses the importance of the Dār al-Iftāʾ and its efforts, then announces the publication of an encyclopedia of fatwas related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Journalist Aḥmed al-Ṭāhrī stressed the importance of the National Dialogue initiative and emphasized that difference of opinion doesn’t ruin the cause of the nation.
Bishop Sīdārūs, the general bishop of the Coptic Orthodox Church, denounced the recent statements of Fr. Ṣamūʾīl al-Buḥayrī, during which he described Protestant marriage as a form of adultery, confirming the church's complete rejection of this idea.
Islamist activists in Salafī forums lashed out at Shaykh Yāsir Burhāmī, Deputy Chairman of the Salafī Daʿwah [Call] Movement, over a published photograph showing him hugging Bishop Būla of Ṭanṭā that some have even accused Burhāmī of loyalty to Copts.
The great Egypt, with its Muslims and Christians, has always been an example to follow for thousands of years as a nation that knows no religious fanaticism.
Although Sarah is a minor in the eyes of the law, she is an adult in the eyes of the Salafists who had earlier called for including into the new constitution an article lowering the marriage age for girls from 18 to nine!
Michel Aoun, a former Lebanese army commander and currently a politician and leader of the Free Patriotic Movement, warned that changing the regime of Syrian President Bashār al-Assad would wreak havoc with Lebanon and the Christians living inside it.  
Today, Pope Tawāḍrūs II received at the Coptic Orthodox papal headquarter in al-ʿAbbasiya the Chaldean Catholic Metropolitan of Teheran Ramzi Garmo, and Monsignor Philip Nijm, Bishop of the Chaldean Diocese in Egypt.


Subscribe to